Scaling the Solution: How do you intend to scale your activities over the next two years (e.g., reach new markets, diversify solutions, etc.)? What will make this possible?
• Creating a more solid sales agency system, e.g. better training, promotional material.
• Establishing a coop system in the village, to combine water sales agency and food distribution channel.
• Expand to Labuan Bajo, by aiming different market of medium economic class, thus creating higher margin.
• Diversify product, e.g. ice block for cold storage, thus creating higher margin.
• Improving sanitation facility as part of water recycling system, which also serve as health campaign
Financial Sustainability: What is your business model to ensure financial sustainability?
We currently sell 1 gallon of water Rp 6000 in Papagarang, and Rp 8000 in other villages/ islands. This becomes the main revenue for our company, which is used for operational cost and investment payback.
We also strive to increase efficiency, e.g. good housekeeping practice for operational procedure, and seeking alternative energy to the current diesel powered generator.
Experience: Please provide examples of any previous entrepreneurial initiatives you have pioneered.
1. Natural gas conversion for public transportation. We have converted 400 public commuter vans (angkutan kota), and invented integrated software for NGV safety monitoring.
2. Flare Gas Recovery to produce electricity. We reuse 5 MMSCFD of flare gas waste to generate 12 MW electricity for the people in West Papua.